Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gimmelwald, Switzerland - one of God's Landscape

Gimmelwald Switzerland! I never knew this place before until three months ago my friend introduced me to this majestic place. It was a very brilliant idea. After all the research where to go in Switzerland we picked Gimmelwald. I saw great photos at the internet but I thought that the photos are just mere reflections of the place.

We arrived Geneva past 11pm and rested at City Hostel Geneva. Hostel is nice, clean and just five minutes walk from the train station. How I love Geneva! Train service is very efficient and its absolutely free ride from the airport. You just get a free pass at the machine before going out from the airport.

The next day, we were scheduled to visit Gimmelwald for two nights. Fare is quite high from Geneva, it's 75 francs one way or 4,250 in peso. Its three hours travel. Three trains, one bus and one cablecar.
1. Train from Geneva to Bern
2. transferred to another train from Bern to Interlaken
3. transferred another train again from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrannen
4. then bus from Lauterbrannen to Stechelberg
5. Then last is cable car from Stechelberg to Gimmelwald.

Upon arriving at Lauterbrunnen, I was almost in panic to get photos. The place is picturesque! But we have to ride the bus before missing it.
At Stechelberg, Im not in control already. The place is spectacular!
But we have to keep moving to catch the cable car on the way up to Gimmelwald.
At last, we were on Gimmelwald! Its 4,485 feet high.

Oh my God! The place is breathtaking! I never thought that the place looks so good. I felt like it was a heaven on earth. I was really tired but the place was too good to be missed. So we jumped immediately after checking in. It was cold and we were on our jackets to keep us warm. I love it! The mountains in snow caps brings peace in me.
The quietness of the village is very invigorating. All the people there must have a restful sleep Im sure. I think they dont know about insomnia! It doesnt exist there. War doesnt exist there too.
My eyes were feasting on the houses built on the mountain. I love the rustic designs.
The flowers are everywhere, in the garden, in front of their homes, hanging in their windows, in their front yard, in their door, in the road....it's really everywhere. I love flowers a lot, it brings joy in me. It's absolutely a gift from God.
The long road took us to the forest. On our way back, we took the opposite way. It was a bit higher portion of the village. The more we go up, the more it gets better and more beautiful!
I must describe this place as:

GOD's LANDSCAPE!
We dozed off for our next day adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment