Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Young Coconut


I spent my Holy Thursday at home. On Holy Friday, I, my sis, nieces and nephew decided to visit our hometown. We went to our farm with our Mama & Papa and our dog, Pikkles and Midnight.

                                 
My Mama on our way to our farm

My Papa with Pikkles ahead of him

Of course my dogs were very excited. They walked so fast.
Pikkles and Midnight waiting for my Micah, Dane and Eman

When we arrived, my father went directly to harvest pineapple while we rested for awhile.
My Nieces and Nephew Resting

My sis and I went to harvest young coconut for our consumption. We were having a hard time identifying the young ones that we tried many times and failed a lot. But with persistency, we were able to get the right one. I always love coconut juice so I consumed a lot of it.

Eman, my nephew enjoyed eating using a portion of the coconut as his spoon while Pikkles watching him salivating.
Eman and Pikkles

Eman enjoying the young coconut

Midnight run everywhere. She enjoyed the free big space that she don't have in the city.
Midnight running under the heat of the sun
 
It was hot. Pikkles and Midnight found a shade and rested while we were finalizing our harvest.
Pikkles and Midnight resting under the shade

Youoie stayed in our farmhouse. It was unusual of him. He usually explores wherever he is but this time he stayed. He was afraid of ants. The ants bit him when we arrived. He dug a hole, burried himself there to save himself from the ants and to cool himself.
Youoie resting

We were engrossed to harvest the matured coconuts. We harvested a lot. Micah and Dane carried the coconuts to our farmhouse. Coconuts were tied together and slip into the wood pole.
Micah and Dane hauling coconuts

Michelle helped her Lolo hauled the pineapples.
Newly Harvest Pineapples

After lunch I jumped to the hammock and rested. Pikkles never missed her sunbathing. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. She easily feels cold and have a heat-seeking behavior.
Pikkles under the heat of the sun

Dane went around doing photo safari. And these are the photos she got.
orchids

Orchids

 
Mayana



And she tried to get a good photo of this butterfly.

We have this cute calf that came to me and licked my hand and forearm while I was resting in the hammock. Eman was afraid at first and finally touched her.

Doing farmwork is difficult. But in some way it made me relax. Its completely different environment. It definitely keep my stress away for awhile.

But really it is difficult. It's a physical job. I just could not imagine how I did it when I was young. And I could not imagine how my Mama and Papa did it. And yet they are still doing it...

I salute you Ma and Pa.

3 comments:

  1. So, Dane took all those beautiful flowers? tell her she did a good job. Wow! pineapples were so many and the coconuts too. What about little calf who owns that calf? I miss that kind of life sometimes....so thats why here I tried my best to go up in the mountain to hike to enjoy the nature.

    Lovin it and misses all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep she borrowed my cam and went around to get good subject while midnight kept on tailing her. Ok ang mga kuha coz she was alone, maybe she had time to focus on the subjects.

      Delete
    2. Yes nakamiss ang bukid, ang farming. Nakakatanggal ng stress. Babalik kami don para tulungan si mama. I hope i have free time to do it..

      Delete