Friday, September 16, 2011

Caffeine Temptation


Sometime in June 2009, I was diagnosed with Vertigo.

At first, I thought I was just sleepless for few nights that when I woke up I was spinning.  What I did was lie again, close my eyes and relax before standing then it's gone.

It happened few times already and I was kinda worried because its dangerous if I will have an episode while I'm driving. So I submitted myself to a doctor and have myself checked.

He said it was due to stress. He asked me if I drink coffee, tea, cola and the like. I said, not so much with cola but more on ice tea. Coffee in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon when I feel sleepy and cold in the office. He told me stop taking it all including chocolates. Caffeine will cause and trigger vertigo. I religiously took his advice. I had some meds too. And the spinning was gone. 

Now I'm taking it all again. Cola is a pleasure drink for me. I only take it when I miss it. Tea, Ice tea? Sometimes. Chocolate? Yeah sometimes too but when chocolates are available I could not help but endulge. Coffee? once, twice thrice a month, sometimes nothing at all.

Few days ago, I have read an article that coffeine enhances performance, increases power output and improves mental focus. A very positive article. Tempting but really I'm really scared to have that vertigo back. I must control myself.

How about you, are you tempted? 

No comments:

Post a Comment