Monday, September 19, 2011

Frog Poisoning

Dawn before the incident

After the groundbreaking of my future roof, we went to the village garden to enjoy the afternoon breeze. My sister carried one bottle of mineral water and 1000ml. Pepsi cola with plastic cups.

The garden was quite high. On our way up, my dogs enjoyed the wide space. They played, ran fast after the other and rolled on the grasses. We reached the peak, took photos and started to relax when Dane (my niece) shouted that Dawn (my youngest dog) played with a frog and suddenly foaming in her mouth. 

Frog Poisoning!

I have experienced it with Pikkles when she was still young. The frog sprayed a fluid on her face and licked it. She was foaming profusely. My instinct told me to manage the poison with sugar. She was saved and I learned a lot from it. Frogs releases a poisonous fluid as defense from the threats of their predators.

I was speeding to them and asked Dane to get a sugar but going down would take time. It might be too late. Micah, my niece said "COKE!" (actually Pepsi not Coke but I also have the mistake of saying coke often even if I'm drinking Pepsi). Luckily, we didn't consumed the cola yet. We forced to open her mouth and poured the cola immediately. Foam was not totally gone yet so we poured some again. I was so worried. I instructed my two nieces to go down to ask sugar for a dosage follow up. Eman, my four year old nephew wanted to help too so he went down with them.

I carried Dawn and rushed on my way down. My nieces went to the first house near the guard house and garden where we parked and asked for sugar. The woman was very cooperative. She experienced the same before. We forcefully open Dawn's mouth again and put sugar in her mouth few times. 

I observed her after the sugar dosage. Foaming stopped. In few minutes she was vomiting! Oh my God! We asked sugar again. The kind woman said "the poison is out from her body now". I was a little bit relieved but still worried. I decided to leave to observe and properly manage Dawn if something worst happen. 

She had no energy and was salivating on our way home. Then she fell asleep.

Upon reaching home, she was wide awake and regained energy. I am so happy. She is safe now.

I realized that it will be safer to bring sugar everytime I go out with my dogs. My sis Gaga and niece Dane suggested it too, especially when the location is green, grassy and far from home.

I will take their advise. 

You must follow too...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have browsed your site too.. More powers...

      Delete